Over the last few years we have become increasingly involved in ministry to those experiencing eating disorders and those caring for or supporting them. We now have a team of trained supporters and others who minister out of their own experiences. We believe that healing and recovery is possible and encourage those we work with to focus on taking small steps towards this.
Some ways we are working with people include:
- Running the tastelife course and links with the tastelife charity https://www.tastelifeuk.org/
This usually happens during April/May/June and is an eight week course suitable for anyone touched by an eating disorders or wanting to find out more about how to help those who are.
- Links with Helena Wilkinson, an internationally recognised authority on eating disorders and other life controlling issues. http://helenawilkinson.co.uk/
Helena has visited St George’s several times to speak and to work with those experiencing eating disorders and their families. We encourage attendance on one of her courses at Nicholaston House in the Gower where this is appropriate.
My heart is, with the help of a team, to bring hope and healing to those with eating disorders and related issues.
- Signposting to local Eating Disorders support, for example the Lincoln Eating Disorders Service and Peterborough Eating Disorders charity http://pedsupport.co.uk/
- Working with the Stamford Mental Health Forum https://www.mindspacestamford.com/ and others involved in encouraging mental wellbeing.
- Pastoral support via monthly group meetings and one-to-one sessions where appropriate with our Eating Disorders team.
Our current course has now finished, do look out for the date of our next course. However provide on going befriending, For more info contact the Church Hub.